About Me

L18, Merseyside, United Kingdom
LOTS of people have babies. I've seen them. They're everywhere. And now I am one of those people who has had a baby. A particularly large, particularly gorgeous, one of the male variety. I'll be calling him Little M. I live with him and his lovely daddy, Big M.

Tuesday 12 October 2010

Spittin' rhymes with the under 5s

Proud of myself that I managed to get myself and Little M to Rhyme Time at Allerton Library this morning. Bathed, dressed, fed and rhymin' by 10.15.

I don't want to go on about how good it was because it was chocka already but Little M enjoyed it lots. Basically because there were loads of bigger kids there for him to watch. I enjoyed it  in those short moments when I actually knew the words. The rest of the time I just tried to hide my inferiority complex about not knowing more than about 3 lines to any nursery rhymes. I had newbie written all over me. Luckily Little M gave me the perfect cover by spewing up occasionally and letting rip several farts that could have passed for a poo so I could do lots of smelling his nappy, looking quizical, etc. No, I actually did enjoy it as all the other kiddos were very sweet. Plus there was a bit of a celeb mum there so I spent some of my time marvelling at how gorgeous she is in real life and wondering which products she uses on her skin (the first thing my bezzy asks me if I do see anyone semi-famous).

Then my mate and fellow mama KD popped over and we got to debrief about her wedding last week, which was AWESOME. Little M had a good giggle and cuddles and then we headed of to my bro and Aunty C's place. She's 9 days over and desperate to meet her baba. We all went for a little walk in the hope that gravity would work it's magic. Reminds me of being desperate for something to happen and I only went 4 days over before my contractions started (Little M didn't show his face for another 2 days like!). Can't wait to meet my neicey/nephew baby!

Viewed the house again later on. Loved it even more this time. Hope there are no problems in these final stages...don't want to jinx it...eeek!

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe you didn't know the nursery rhymes - as a child you were brought up in a world before ipods and computer games, when we used to sing and talk to each other! I think I may just blame your mother.

    ReplyDelete